Privacy policies are generally quite long, pretty dull, but absolutely necessary – and have become especially pertinent since the introduction of the GDPR regulations in May 2018.
Does Bilibag Factory collect personal data?
What personal data does Bilibag Factory collect?
Primarily, we collect your name, address, email address and telephone number.
Why does Bilibag Factory collect personal data?
Quite simply, if we didn’t, we wouldn’t be able to provide our services to you. For example, we need your name and address, so we know where to send your order and we need your email address and/or telephone number in order to contact you with your order confirmation, shipping confirmation, and to get in touch if there are any problems with your order.
Do you share personal data with any third parties?
Yes. For example, we share your name and address with the payment processor (e.g. Stripe, PayPal) in order to accept and verify your payment. We share your contact details with the delivery company (e.g. Royal Mail, UPS) in order for them to be able to deliver your order.
Do you sell personal data to any third parties?
Do you send marketing emails?
Yes. But only if you’ve given us your explicit consent. You will NOT be automatically added to our marketing list if you place an order. You will only be added to our marketing list if you subscribe to it, and you can opt-out at any point by clicking the unsubscribe link that we include on all our marketing emails.
Can I access the personal data you hold?
Yes, you can request that we tell you what personal data we hold. You may also request that we amend any incorrect data, and you may also request that we remove the personal data concerned.
Bilibag Factory Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our”) is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 12974401). Our registered office is Unit 3 Metfab House, Montrose Street, Stoke on Trent, ST43PB. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller and we will process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and national laws which relate to the processing of personal data. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Visitors to Our Website
We may collect and process personal data about you in the following circumstances:
- When you complete forms on our website (“Site”). This includes your name, address, email and telephone number, which is provided at the time of registering to use our Site, where you ask us to contact you about our goods or services, subscribe to our mailing list, or request our goods and services;
- Whenever you provide information to us when reporting a problem with our Site, making a complaint, making an enquiry or contacting us for any other reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access (see section on Cookies below); and
- Whenever you disclose your information to us, or we collect information from you in any other way, through our Site.
We may also collect data in the following ways:
- We may collect information about your device, including where available your Internet Protocol address, for reasons of fraud protection. We may also collect information about your device’s operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. Please note that if you follow a link to any of these websites, such websites will apply different terms to the collection and privacy of your personal data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. When you leave our Site, we encourage you to read the privacy notice/policy of every website you visit.
We will collect details such as your name, address, phone number and email address when you order goods or services from us via our Site. We will use this information to process your order and comply with our contractual obligations.
In order to perform our contract with you, we may also need to share personal data with third parties such as payment providers and postal service organisations to assist in the delivery of goods or services you have ordered; this could include third party couriers or warranty providers.
What we collect
We may collect the following information: name, postal address, email address, telephone number.
What we do with the information we collect
We collect information about you in order to provide you with the goods and services you have requested from us. This information may also be used for internal record keeping, and to improve our products and services. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide the data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example to provide you with our goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- for performance of a contract we enter into with you;
- where necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation we are subject to;
- for the purposes of legitimate interests
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
We may disclose your information to appropriate third parties including:
- to our nominated payment service providers
- to our nominated postal service organisations
- to our staff members in order to facilitate the provision of goods or services to you;
- to our IT software providers that host our website;
- to our email service providers;
- to professional advisers such as consultants, lawyers, bankers and insurers who provide us with consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- to professional service providers such as marketing agencies and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- to analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and subject to the cookie section of this policy;
- to HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances; and
- to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Information you provide to us is shared on our secure servers. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures designed to secure your information against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
Credit Card Security
All credit/debit card payments from our website are made through the secure Stripe or Paypal gateways using industry standard 128-bit encryption. The transaction takes place electronically, eliminating the security risks associated with old methods of writing down and then manually inputting card details. As the payment is handled by Stripe or Paypal, we do not handle or store these details on our own servers at any point.
Controlling your personal data
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if the personal data we hold about you changes.
Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where this has been provided. You also have the right to access information held about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please write to us at Bilibag Factory, Unit 3 Metfab House, Montrose Street, Stoke on Trent, ST43PB or email us at email@example.com.
You can also ask us to undertake the following:
- update or amend your personal data if you feel this is inaccurate;
- remove your personal data from our database entirely;
- send you copies of your personal data in a commonly used format and transfer your information to another entity where you have supplied this to us, and we process this electronically with your consent or where necessary for the performance of a contract; or
- restrict the use of your personal data.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Data protection legislation may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all the personal data that we hold about you or to comply with any requests made in accordance with your rights referred to above. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal data, or process any other request we receive, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at Bilibag Factory, Unit 3 Metfab House, Montrose Street, Stoke on Trent, ST43PB or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
By using this website you consent to our using cookies in the ways outlined above. For more information on cookies please visit the ICO page on cookie law. (Link https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/)
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.